[stylist] word count

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Feb 6 16:56:09 UTC 2011

Dave,
Within Word:
Select all using Control+a for the entire document or go to the top of
the part in question and select from cursor to the bottom of the page
with control+shift+end (1 on calculator).
Open tools: Alt, t
Down arrow to Word count . dialog
Enter, and it  will immediately read the info to you. If you miss it,
root Jaws cursor to PC cursor (Jaws keyplus the key at the extreme top
right of the calculator), and use up and down arrows to get the info you
need.

Note, the word count dialog has info on page and  character count (with
and without spaces) which is crutial for posting to Twitter, for
instance. Also, it's necessary when posting articles to sites, as there
is often a character limit to the title and summary fields.
HTH,
Donna

Read Donna's articles on

Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org