[stylist] S & S submission guidelines

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:56:26 UTC 2011

Atty,

By nothing anti-gender, I mean nothing derogatory against women or men,
race or ethnic groups or homosexuality.  No sexual content means don't
give us graphic descriptions of Sally's romp in the hay with Reginald.
LOL

I am not against this, I guess I should clarify I am not against sexual
content, but we have a general reading audience and not everyone is
comfortable with this kind of material.

However, as editor, I will use my own discretion for submissions.  If I
feel a piece does not work without certain sections, I may publish it.

For example, if you are writing a piece about an abusive husband and how
the wife eventually leaves him, it would be appropriate for the husband
to use swear words or derogatory language against women.  The purpose
would not be to support this behavior, but to characterize and further
the plot.

Perhaps two characters are newly in love and one of them is off to war.
It may be fitting for them to have a love scene.

Actually, a brief love scene is acceptable, but please no touching of
this, inserting of this-- you know, all the good stuff!  *smile*

Bridgit

Message: 12