[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 81, Issue 17

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Tue Jan 11 05:11:56 UTC 2011

thanks Kerry,
yes, I think of it like this.  inside my head are these giant
oversized wheels and gears.  once they get cranking,  they just can't
stop at 500-words, LOL!
I did struggle over the use of "reprimand."

and you and I are indeed on the same wavelength, Cagney was the first
one I thought of to play  the former hoodlum turned great man.
three ways could expand the story that occurred to me:
as noted by bridgit, St. Brendan finds out why Sean got so muddy and
decides to do something about street toughs in san francisco.  of
course this connects more to his own history.  vaguely I think there
were a couple of movies in the 40's made related to this theme, one
involved boxing I think.
second, we more follow Sean himself who has been so exemplary but
falls into the trouble with the hoodlums again.  however, because of
the incident in my story as just presented, St. Brendan has been
following Sean's life secretly and is able to save him from some
great danger.

third, does the great man have a wife or family member who knows his
true history?  his wife learns of the event in my story just
presented.  and helps the great man to freely admit who he really is
and where he really came from.  freeing him from hiding his own
hoodlum past, and in the process he transforms san francisco society
and culture.  in this scenario his wife would be quite a hero indeed.

but like I said, in my head there are these giant wheels and gears ...

thanks Kerry.   your Marooner series sure did look good what I read.
jc