[stylist] Thinking of words

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Jan 18 03:19:02 UTC 2011

Each of the letters has its own color, numbers have their own color and so
do the days of the week and the months of the year.  Someone once told me
that %10 of the population have synesthesia.  Until recently, I thought
everyone did but it was after reading "Born on a Blue Day" and discussing it
with the person who suggested I read it--she has synesthesia, too--I asked
my husband, and several others since, who don't see anything but the
black-and-white.  Oh, and Braille symbols have colors also.
Barbara

Through the sunny fields of yesterday
Echo voices of children now grown,
Their golden peals of laughter