[stylist] Political pieces and the list

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Jan 18 16:50:46 UTC 2011

Judith,
I hope you will re read Robert's post. The way I read  it (and if I'm
wrong, Robert, please straighten me out), you can write about and post
writings about whatever you like including political issues. He suggests
that, like material with strong language, violence and explicit sex,
that you alert the reader through the subject line that you're posting a
political piece. The discussions which follow, should be kept to matters
of how that composition is tructured, how its elements work to convey a
point and other matters of improving the craft of writing. My
understanding is that in responding, the rest of us should not engage in
a political debate about the merits of the points in the composition.
There's another list for that, and people are free to contact one
another off-list. I think I was in part to blame for the discussion of
your piece getting out of hand, since in my first post about it, I
ranted from my perspective as an independent. I tried to keep it short,
but nonetheless it was inappropriate for this list. I will endeavor to
avoid such things in the future.
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org