[stylist] Thinking of words

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Jan 18 21:51:28 UTC 2011

Hi Bridgit,
We all get that "you don't look blind." I hear other blind people
mention it so often, that I am beginning to think that as long as you're
upright, you are defying public expectations of blindness so thoroughly
that they can't believe you're blind. Rather than examine their own
misconceptions, they have to assume that anyone they meet is a huge
exception. Unfortunately, this separates us from one another, especially
when we aren't involved with other blind people.
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org