[stylist] Check out my blog

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 23:06:33 UTC 2011

Jackie,

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm glad you enjoy the blog.  Blog
writing was a new experience for me, and I've learned a lot about
blogging, and writing in general.  The local Omaha newspaper offered me
this position last year, and it has been an amazing opportunity.  When
readers, such as yourself, comment on how my words were encouraging, I
feel like I'm actually making a difference.  We all need encouragement
as well as a challenge- including myself.  It is nice to know we have
voices out there trying to change attitudes and mindsets.

I did not lose my vision until I was 22, so using a computer with a
program like JAWS was a new experience.  The more you use alternative
skills, though, the better you become at using them.  In fact, I've
learned more about computers, and have become more profficient with
computers after losing my vision.  *grin*  Though I'm far from being an
expert- my brain just doesn't think that way!

Good luck, and I hope you continue to read my blogs.

Bridgit

Message: 1