[stylist] New Story

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Sun May 1 02:13:18 UTC 2011

A teacher from long ago, I can't remember which one, said the easy way to
remember the number of S's in the word desert and dessert is this:
Which would you rather have more of?  Dessert or desert?  Obviously you want
more desserts.  That's how you remember that desert has one S while dessert
has two.  Judith