[stylist] another Member has Poetry Published! Celebrate!

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Tue May 3 20:35:18 UTC 2011

More digital confeti sprinkled about the list, to Jacqueline  this time. :)

Brad

On 5/3/2011  02:42 PM Robert Leslie Newman said...
>Here is the text of the message, followed by the poetry. (I like the message
>and I actually --- not being a poetry-head --- I got the feel of the poem.
>
>----
>
>Robert,
>
>I thoroughly enjoyed Carry Thompson's two love poems that you attached. You
>may have a "Tiger by the Tail" by starting to send out member's recently
>published poems and articles.
>
>Because you have started this, I will cut and paste my last published poem
>to this and hope that the format comes out the same as it was published.
>
>Although this was submitted two years ago to the NFB Writer's contest, I
>resubmitted it to the AZ State Poetry Society Annual Contest in 2010. It
>appeared in the Sandcutters, the quarterly of the AZ State Poetry Society,
>Volume 44, Issue 4, 2010 Contest Winners.
>
>As a word of encouragement to all blind poets, I lost my sight, retaining
>very little, and at age 76 I had to start learning how to use a screen
>reader, without enough vision to use Magic or other enlarging programs.
>
>Since then I have had about seven poems published. A very supportive group
>of poetry Critiquers has trained me in the kind of errors I most frequently
>
>make. Slowly I have found the techniques to get out presentable copy.
>
>I am severely auditorily deficient, but the voice on JAWS is totally clear
>to me, and so the creative progress goes on.
>
>I spent over twenty years teaching learning disabled students, and from
>them, I learned perseverance. By teaching one learns.
>
>Learning Braille, though I must use jumbo Braille, it inspired this poem.
>

>2. Love Poem
>Jacqueline Williams
>
>                                                                         1431
>W. 7th Place
>

>Mesa, AZ 85201
>

>480-834-1782
>

>My Fingertips Braille You to Me
>

>My warm and sensing fingertips explore
>
>dots 1,3,4,5,6, the “y” for you—
>
>trace tenderness awaiting what’s in store when warm and sensing fingertips
>explore.
>
>My fingertips urge you to want me more.
>
>That lovers love with fingertips is true.
>
>My warm and sensing fingertips explore
>
>dots 1,3,4,5,6, the “y” for you.
>

>I will not feel badly if you cannot post this. The more communiqués I
>receive from you, the more I realize how very busy you must be in behalf of
>all of us.
>
>I thank you very much for the opportunities you provide.
>
>Jacqueline Williams
>
>jackieleepoet at cox.net

Brad Dunse

If you're fishing with your buddy and he says
"Can you get me a hook"and you spill your tackle
box while reaching for your writing bag... You
might be a songwriter. --Anonymous

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse