[stylist] FLASH - Another Member is Published!

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue May 10 09:05:55 UTC 2011

I received the following email from Kristen Anne Diaz:

Hello Robert and Division members,

Congratulations to Kerry and Jacqueline and all of you who have recently
been published.  I wanted to share some good publishing news from here in
New Jersey.  Last Friday I received my first print copy of The View from
Crescent Boulevard, an anthology of writings by young people in my town.
For the last two to four years we have been getting together at our local
library (which stands on Crescent Boulevard), led by a local author, to
write and edit our work, which has resulted in the author and her husband
self-publishing this collection of poems, essays, and stories.  Three
stories of mine, "Have a Holly Berry Christmas," "The Elves of the Magic
Mirrors," and "A Heavenly Record," have been included in the book, the first
paper as opposed to electronic venue to contain my work.

Our writing group, named the Pennsauken Library Writers' Guild, will be
holding a book signing this coming Saturday from 1:00-3:00 pm at our
library's community room, and books will be sold for $10 instead of the
online price of $12.95, which is what the book is selling for on
Amazon.com, Barnsand Noble.com, and booksamillion.com.

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website