[stylist] Canes and dogs

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue May 10 13:31:15 UTC 2011

Steve, Putting aside the discussion of canes and guide dogs, lets just take
a look at the bottom line is in this discussion.  The freedom of choice all
of us have when choosing the method best for us as a person.  I've spoken to
people who wouldn't get a guide dog for love or money.  One lady told me
that on a cold winter's night her cane didn't have to be walked.  She gets
where she has to go with her cane.  She just installed a GPS on her cane.
That sounds really cool!  There are guide dog users who wouldn't have it any
other way.  The dog's presence gives them a sense of security and meets
their travelling needs well.  Who's wrong and who's right?  No one.  Does
the guy who bought a Chevy hate, detest or loathe the guy who bought a Ford?
Is there anything illegal, indecent or immoral about either choice?
Obviously not.  This topic is interesting, but I hope all of you are aware
we have choices to make about everything in life.  Just because a person
chooses one way over another doesn't make it wrong, just different.  Judith