[stylist] Song Lyric: You Are the Air

Kerry Thompson kethompson1964 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 03:53:58 UTC 2011

Hi Judith,

Thanks for taking the time and thought to answer me.

It hadn't occurred to me that the two lines you pick out didn't make
sense.  In the one case, "You are the air that I breathe" is just
another way of saying "You are the foundation of my life," "You are the
one essential I can't live without." In the other case, I'll have to
think  about "I can't be romantic." It made sense to me, but then I know
what I'm trying to say...more or less. I guess it's like this: The
speaker isn't into hearts and flowers, doesn't express himself very well
but feels at ease when the lady is around. You know, the strong, silent
type. *grin* You're certainly right that as the lyric stands, I'm not
conveying what I mean very well.

Thanks again for your input.

Kerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kerry Thompson"