[stylist] formatting

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Thu May 19 15:13:51 UTC 2011

I have no problem formatting my books with my equipment with no help from a sighted person.  I'm working on jaws and these commands are for jaws.
For uniform indents:
Press the alt key
Press O for format and then P for paragraph
Start tabbing until you get to none.  Arrow down to first line.  Tab across to whatever space you want the first letter of your paragraph to be in.  I always use .05.  Every time you press enter after this in your document your first letter will be this distance from the margin.
On this tab you can command the spacing of your document.  You will hit a spacing command which will start out as 1.5 and go up by .5 until you get to the spacing you want.
Another way to command spacing is to select the entire text you want spaced and hit control whatever spacing you want.  For example, if you want a double spaced document you would hit control 2.  Hit an arrow key to unselect your document.
After performing all you want on the document continue tabbing until you hear OK.  Press enter and go back to whatever you want.
Align your document left with Control L.
To center things like chapter headings put cursor on first letter of what you want to center and hit control E.
hth, Judith
There you have it.  This is not to admit there are times when you have a glitch and the system gets messed up.