[stylist] Style question

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 22:47:42 UTC 2011

Donna,

While there are what seems many exceptions, yes, in AP style, numbers
over ten are numeral form, although, if the number begins a sentence,
you would spell it out.  Typically in creative writing, numbers are
always spelled out, and time usually has the "o clock" attached to it.
However, in creative writing nowadays, the rules are different, and it
just depends on how a writer wants to present things.  Because
journalism follows stricter standards, it is more important to follow
whatever style a given publication prescribes to, but in your creative
writing, it is up to you.  The only advice I would give is to be
consistent.  If you choose to follow a numeral format in your creative
writing, just make sure that format is consistent throughout your text.

Bridgit

Message: 3