[stylist] critique this story please if you have time

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Nov 29 03:01:09 UTC 2011

I don't know what was meant by saying the parents were wooden but do be
careful that you don't portray parents as stupid and knowing nothing.  Sure,
they can be over protective and they can also not get a clue about the
mind's workings of a child.  But you'll hopefully be a parent one day and
all this portraying of parents as oafs and such in movies and TV--and some
books--will come back and bite us.  Children really don't know best.  That's
why they have parents to guide and care for them.
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy