[stylist] Comments on Another story

BridgiT Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 17:29:55 UTC 2011

Chris,

I say masculine- not sure why. You have such a clean way of writing.
It's concise and not loaded with fluff- something I have to work on!
Smile. I don't necessarily mean masculine in terms of male or female,
but in a more metaphorical and philosophical way. You have such clear
images, and your voice is consistent. So you like Kerouac? I can see
that influence.

I would define this as creative nonfiction. It may not be about events
that happened in reality, but it's a reflection of who you are. And you
explain in the end that the previous events may not have really
happened, which allows you to call it creative nonfiction. Writing like
this borders on the experimental side of creative nonfiction focusing on
the creative part, and though the actual event may not have happened,
it's about a philosophical experience affecting you. So much of
nonfiction is aBout perspective, which varies from person to person.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan