[stylist] Hemingway quote

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sun Oct 9 19:54:18 UTC 2011

Having just finished Hemingway's Old Man of the
Sea again, love that book, my daughter and I got
to chatting about him some. So as usual, I hit
the  internet looking up YouTube clips, Wikepedia
info (although not necessarily  official), and
other internet resources. He sure made his way
around the world, and a bit accident prone as
well. Nonetheless when it comes to writing I
think the below is  essential to remember.

"If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is
writing about he may omit things that he knows
and the reader, if the writer is writing truly
enough, will have a feeling of those things as
strongly as though the writer had stated them.
The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to
only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer
who omits things because he does not know them
only makes hollow places in his writing."
­Ernest Hemingway in
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Death_in_the_Afternoon>Death
in the Afternoon

Brad Dunse

The key to change... is to let go of fear --Roseanne Cash

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse