[stylist] on writing from the blind perspective

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 12 00:05:19 UTC 2011

Chris,
Are you writing from a blind character's perspective? If not, I think you
need visual descriptions.
Maybe not much, but some Yes most of our audience is sighted and we need to
appeal to that.

I struggle with this too. Even when writing my personal essays about my
family, I have to get a few descriptions from someone.
I don't have enough vision to see the details of someone or the archetecture
of a building. I wondered how other blind writers do this? How can you
describe the scenery of Virginia versus further south like Georgia?
Someone mentioned travel/tourism websites. Any others? Maybe some sites
describe the geography and climate. From that, we can figure out how things
look somewhat.

Ashley