[stylist] Afternoon Idiot-syncrasies **Couple minor expliteves ** :)

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Wed Oct 12 02:42:15 UTC 2011

Pounding on the keyboard and throwing up his
hands he grumbled, "What now! Not getting  email
again? What next!" Fingers stomping on the keys
like a toddler's feet amid a full blown tantrum,
he sat scowling bent over the keyboard childishly
banging the check mail hot keys repeatedly like a
maniac, animating them verbally out loud more
with each key press. “Control M, control M,
control M control M control M control M control M control M control M.

"I bet it's my ISP again. Fools, you'd think
they'd get it right. I mean they only serve half
the bloody country." Sending an email to himself
from his ISP account he scowled even more,
"Dammit. It works! Just my luck. That's not it."

"I know what it is, it’s that blasted email
program I'm using, that's it." Rebooting he had
more time to grumble about how it was a damn good
thing he didn't send out all those pleas for
blindness stats for that software project he's
working on, he'd have really looked like a chump with returned emails.

"Ok. We're booted up again and now, you email
program from H E double toothpicks, take that!"
Just as he flung that last word he fired off an
email to himself from his custom domain again,
the one apparently with the issue. "I know I'm
right about this one" he muttered painfully yet
with satisfaction, "I'm going to enjoy
uninstalling..." He stopped mid mutter. "Wait a
minute. If it was my email program, I wouldn't
have gotten that last email, would I? What am I thinking."

"Wait one second here. Yeah. Yeah. I know exactly
what it is now. It's that hosting company I've
got my music domain and web site with. Yeah, "the
one" he mumbled, "the one that had that mail
server issue last year and holds the email
accounts of every, God knows how
many,  discussion lists,  product registrations,
and professional  organizations with which I'm
joined to, and which is probably bouncing like
super balls all over the net just about now until
the automated systems boot my rear end off the
lists. That's it!" Smacking his hand on the desk
with passionate determination brewing to give someone a good verbal thrashing.

Smiling a devilish one with satisfaction as he
typed a tech support email. He saw it clear  in
his mind now. A tech support person standing up
from his station, calling to his co-worker,

"Hey Pete! Come here a second will ya?"

"Yeah what is it"

"Let me ask you something." He’d calmly murmur as
he turned around. "My ass, does it look any different than this morning?"

“What!” Pete would jump, a bit perplexed and a
bit nervous. "Um dude. What are you getting at
here?" Pete cringing to even ask.

"It still looks OK to you? Nothing different
about it?" Pete's co-worker would say shoving it
even a little further toward him.

Pete nervously wetting his lips a bit, looking
around the room to see no one was watching, "Um
dude?" Pete nervously laughing and clearing his
throat, "Ahh yeah looks OK. I mean what do you
want me to say here? I mean give me a break here ya know?"

Pete's co-worker standing straight again would
sigh in relief, "Oh man. I'm glad to hear it
because from the chewing it just took from a
customer email I got, I was afraid there wasn't anything left of it."

With yet another failed email message pounding
his head and finishing the thrasher email,  he
sickly laughed at the self-indulged vision of
those two idiot tech support  people. Before he
had a chance to think about it, he sent off the
nastygram with a slam to the enter key on the send button.

A couple more self-tests, like checking his mail
on the web portal again, still proving to be none
as well. He send off another snotty update to the
automated ticket reply he was emailed.

A few hours later after blood pressure numbers
rose, listening to the error sound of his email
program when he checked yet another time, he
thought "I wonder if the losers will ever get
their crap together and fix it.", he grew more
impatient. So he slapped the keys around the
keyboard a bit more, pulling up his web account
for his domain again to see if the web mail was
getting anything yet and... But wait. "What
the..." he choked at the web page in front of
him. "This domain has expired? As of yesterday?"
Gulping hard he typed with more of a beaten,
subdued trance-like fashion  as he pulled up the
day timer and did a search for when he had
registered his domain. But he knew he had taken
it for three-years. “Oh no.” he pouted. “There it
is, October 10, 2009, 3-years ago
 yesterday.”

"Dear Tech Support, regarding my earlier email concerning my mail issue...?"

***

Actually I wasn't nasty at all but did put in a
tech email, only to find out the only idiot in
the situation of course was me, for forgetting to
make note when my domain expired. So, if anyone
asked me anything in the past day? I'm sure it
took a nice pillow like landing somewhere in the
loose feathers of the internet.

Brad Dunse

If you want people to stop poking holes in your boat,
get them in the boat with you --Ron Hammonds

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse