[stylist] for company newsletter:Getting the Halloween Candy

Shelley J. Alongi QueenofBells at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 27 15:07:29 UTC 2011

Hi Brenda, As with all writers, our weakness is the passive voice. I find it
in my work even though I try hard to eliminate it. The story is well
written, I have to admit I'm not sure if it's about the rain or the peanut
brittle, maybe the rain is the setting for the story. I like the inclusion
of smell of baked goods and the mentioning of the displays. Why does your
husband grab you by your coat? Maybe it's just a personal issue with me.
Good luck submitting it.