[stylist] Writing exercise

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Tue Sep 20 15:53:05 UTC 2011

Thanks Chris I appreciate the feedback and as always, taking the time
to read. I'd started writing this after those posts to the list and
didn't really sit down to run an iron over it until this morning. I
agree Jim tolerance is key. I probably ought reference that more.
Maybe  I can tweak it without adding to the slightly too lengthy bit
now :). I think it is important, in all walks of life to live
our  lives knowing that 100% of the people we meet, live outside our
skin and experiences. Expecting them to understand us perfectly on
first meet or even several is presumptuous. In fact, I'll go as far
to say that "because" we have a vantage point of having experience as
recipient of stereotypes and assumptions, we ought be better
positioned as the  mature ones to suck it up and educate, which we
most often do eventually :). It does wear one down occasionally
though, hence the rephrasing the situation in our mind as the mirror
metaphor.  It is not unlike two people with a stalemated difference
of opinion and words have been said. Sooner or later someone has to
step up as the mature one and reach  out for a hand shake or both are
the loser.

Brad

On 9/20/2011  10:29 AM Chris Kuell said...