[stylist] Dark comedy

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Tue Apr 3 06:07:21 UTC 2012

Bridget,
Yes, I am familiar with movies in the dark commedy genre. I love old
movies;  Arsenic and Old Lace happens to be one of my favorites. smile.
The professor who taught the playwriting class tended to focus more on
the dramatic plays with a serious conflict. Unfortunately, he wasn't
very keen on his students straying from that. Which, in my oppinion, is
a hindrance on a writers creativity. But oh well, at least I got a
glimple into the process of playwriting. I've always been curious about
that and screenplay writing before I took that class.
I would have loved to take a screenplay writing class; That's fantastic
that you had such an opportunity. I think I'd be better suited to write
a screenplay instead of a stage play, because I can envision a movie or
a tv show more precisely than a play that is written to be acted out onstage.
I'd be curious to learn more about the format in which a screenplay is
written. I'd like to take a shot at that someday, just as a fun challenge.

Bernadetta