[stylist] Dark comedy

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:22:32 UTC 2012

Bernadetta,

It sounds like we share a similar sense of humor. There's an entire
genre called dark comedy, and it's surprising a student in a playwright
class wouldn't know this. I enjoy dark comedy and think it takes a
talented person to pull it off. I grew up watching old movies-- like
from the 30's and 40's. Some of my favorites are the screwball comedies.
Often, these were also dark comedies such as Harvey and Arsenic and Old
Lace. And of course there are some great modern dark comedies like Fargo
and Little Miss Sunshine. I say go for it, and I would love to read your
play. I don't think anyone has ever posted a play, at least since I've
been around. I took a screenwriting class but didn't create anything all
that worth while, smile.

And try to get some rest with that baby, grin.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan