[stylist] New submission untitled

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:52:02 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if I agree about adding too much internal dialogue. This is
more a matter of perspective, but if over-done, internal dialogue can
bog a story down just as much as author exposition. I think Bernadetta
could find a few places to in put internal dialogue, but I think she has
done a great job with giving us these details through characterization,
scenic development and description without having to dip into internal
dialogue. Personally, I like that we are not in a single POV, but again,
this is up to author perspective as much as reader, and this is not to
say other types of POV are not as good, but in the case of this story, I
kind of like the POV and style.

The pacing is really good right now, and I would worry the pacing could
slow a bit if too much ID was written. I see what you are saying, Chris,
and perhaps in a revision, expansion of setting and more in-depth
characterization through dialogue, clothing and body language can
provide more context without having to rely heavily on internal
dialogue. And if ever using this for a bigger piece, flashbacks would
obviously be another way to give context and background.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan