[stylist] What I've been reading

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 21:44:01 UTC 2012

I think Lord of the Flies has been a part of high school curriculums for
a very long time. I was in high school more than ten years ago and we
had to read it, and both my parents had to read it back in the 70s.

I think it's inane what types of books are acceptable reading for
academic curriculums these days. Teens are no longer being taught
analytical skills or being challenged through literature. When Twilight
is now acceptable reading for students, I truly question our education
system. And we wonder why we come no where near to competing with other
countries these days.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: