[stylist] kite runner

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have read the book The Kite Runner
(Chris, you probably have, with all of them books you read.)
What were your feelings on it?
I'm one-third of the way through the book and do not like how the
author changes setting so abruptly.  The main character, Amir, is
12 and then all of a sudden he's 18! Now it's tofning into a
romance.  (I hate romance!)
Also after reading about one incident, in which the main
character's servant was sexually abused by mean boys, I felt like
it was really sad.  But I just don't like how it transitions
ages.
Does the book get any good?
Vejas