[stylist] Irish novel, historical fiction and POV

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:58:39 UTC 2012

Jackie I am with you on this Follett thing.  I was forced to read pillars
for one of my western siv classes as it didn't sound interesting to me.  I
red the big book in two days  because I put it off so long.  It was so good
to me and It made me read all his other work.  Bridgit I am sorry you didn't
like those books but all of his work is so different and yet similar.  What
didn't you like about the books, as that will determine if you might like
others of his work.  I love his character development and the way he makes
you understand all points of view.  It does not happen with the pillars
character William, I was defanatly not saddened by his outcome.  However in
most all of his other books you get a since of each character even the ones
you don't like.  He mostly focuses on world war 2 but he branches off even
righting one non fiction about the rescue of IDS workers imprisoned  in
Iran, though this is not my favorite Follett book.  The stories are all
different from one another but the way he builds his characters' is always
the same except his early work which was not as good in my opinion.  If it
was something about the story itself I might suggest reading another of his
works but if it was his character development then you will be disappointed
with all of it.  As far as form I do need to play around with different
styles I am not diverse in this way.  I have really only found success in
two forms but would like to play around with more.  Do you remember any
exercises you did in the classes you took that encouraged changing forms?

Andi