[stylist] Comments on external description exercise

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 03:17:49 UTC 2012

Shawn,

The only section questionable is your final sentence:

Anyone seeing them would catch the focused stare of those in
single-minded concentration on a goal.

It implies internal thoughts. Something like, "Their determined
expressions radiated gold medal wins," or, "Sweat drenched the grim
stares of each jogger; a single-minded focus glazed narrowed their
vision." A lot of emphasis is suppose to be placed on the verbs, so of
course one would use verbs more fitting their style, but these are just
my examples. It takes it out of the thought realm and focuses on the
action.

Otherwise I felt the tension and determination of the joggers. I like
the contrast of the yogies and the joggers.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan