[stylist] More comments on please read my blog

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:11:38 UTC 2012

True. Fortunately, I don't always hold others to the same impossible
standards I hold myself, though I can at times.

It seems to be different with kids for me, so I'm hopeful I won't expect
unrealistic goals from my own children. Especially in light of my own
childhood and the impossible standards often expected by my mom.

Most of her standards were related to image and appearance and how a
quote lady quote should act, which often was not reinforced by example.
This has developed very conflicting and confusing ideas in my head that
have taken years to sort out, and I often still have to deal with some.

So I have this Dr. Phil moment to say that even though I can still be
unrealistic with myself, I tend to make an effort to not place
unrealistic expectations on others, especially my children.

Thanks, Barbara for the words of wisdom and support.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan