[stylist] Writers' Division - Monthly Telephone Gathering

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Dec 2 01:13:13 UTC 2012

Dear STYLIST and Division Membership

Relating to getting our last monthly telephone gathering set up, I have in
turn, been pumped, bumped and stumped! Let me start with a clarification of
how over the past couple of years handled November and December. These are
two months that both have   important holidays associated with the end of
them. In the past, we would have super small attendance and we had thought
to combined Nov and December's meeting and have held it sort of at the
midpoint of these two months; like either the first Sunday or the second in
December. Well, we can and will still have this last gathering for 2012 ---
to be held on Sunday, December 9th (the second weekend in December).

(Sorry for this short notice; after the pump, bump and stump --- I got
crush, and my attention to this notice got --- flushed!)

Originally I was pumped to have lined up a new blind author who has his
third book coming out; James Thel. Then I was bumped, he had to cancel and
we've yet to reschedule, though this should happen after the  first of the
year. Then, I worked at a replacement and got pumped when I lined up an
interview with an on-line magazine, which is primarily poetry oriented
(later on that). And here to, there was a cancelation --- yeah, they went
out of business!

So I am stumped! And what I propose is that we get on line together and
share news, tips, have an open forum for reading your work, etc. In fact,
come with ideas of who or what we would like to do for 2013; do you have
connection with someone that would be good for us to visit with?

The time for the call will be: 8:30 ET - 7:30 CT - 6:30 MT - 5:30 PT

The phone#: 1-218-339-4300

The access code: 568839Pound

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee