[stylist] sharing lesson and Chris Kuell

Eve Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:56:26 UTC 2012

And okay, I am going to be the first contributor to the list.
* Know your details. Let's say you are writing a story, totally fictional,
about a family trip. The family goes to Yellowstone National Park and in
one chapter you have them stop in West Yellowstone, Montana for lunch. West
Yellowstone is where the West entrance of the park is located so this would
happen. You put a small comment that does not seem important to the story
like 'Dad ate three Whoppers and both french fries and onion rings.'
Seemingly innocent line right? Well, as I am sure we all know, Whoppers are
from Burger King. What we may not all know is that there is no Burger King
in West Yellowstone. Little things like this show that the author takes
time to know what they are writing. Once an issue is found, the whole story
may become less credible to the reader. So, my advice is to remember the
details. What's your advice? :)