[stylist] Classics

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Dec 28 21:51:04 UTC 2012

This is a PS to the note I just sent out in response to Vejas' comments on dreams.
Awhile back, Vejas asked questions about the "classics."  The examples I wrote about in my two comments prior to this one, are perfect examples of what a "classic" is.  It is a book or writing that stands the test of time. It is still as exciting and interesting as it was when it was written and became popular with readers.  Stephen Crane and Franz Kafka are definitely in the "classics" category - both quite different - yet, both are "must reads" for contemporary readers and writers.

I think it is so exciting how on this list we can have a continued discussion over many months of time, as we think about things others have said or questions that were asked.  It makes me put on my thinking cap - I am a person who contemplates things for a very long time before I  am clear about  what I think on a particular subject.

Lynda