[stylist] Self-publishing

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:38:55 UTC 2012

I've been interested in self-publishing for years, but I go back and
forth on it. My professors at university were not fans of self
publishing, and they all, both in the English and fine arts department,
strongly discouraged it. But I have heard so much about it and know many
people who have done it, so I wonder what the draw is other than you can
publish a book whenever you feel like it without going through other
people. I currently have little time to write because of my new baby,
but I want to investigate all options available. It's interesting to
hear these perspectives.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 9