[stylist] Collecting Books

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 18 17:01:30 UTC 2012

This morning, i was checking out some books for sale on www.amazon.com and I ordered a few. I ordered books by Irene McKinney, a WV poet who passed last week. I ordered the new Dorianne Laux book; and a couple of Robert Bly books.  After I ordered them, I began to think about WHY I still order actual books for my collection. I cannot read them, of course. There is something in me, still, that needs to hold a book in my hands, feel it's heft, and it's smell, and put it on my book shelf in alpahabetical order.  Does anyone else here do this?  I am thinking that when my box of new books arrives, my husband must surely wonder why a blind person still buys books she can never read. He has never said anything about it, but he HAS to be curious. I am curious myself.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117