[stylist] do you ever skip around in your story when you write it?

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sat Feb 18 19:36:47 UTC 2012

Vejas,
I skip around all the time, especially when just starting a project.
Sometimes, getting that core down is what I need to really understand where
I need to go with it. One thing I found with my novel was that initially I
tended to write more about a specific plot angle or character than was
appropriate for the flow and building of tention. When I went back over it,
I would find things that needed to be moved to later in the story. I keep
reminding myself that the more you tell about a character or situation, the
less flexibility you have later.
Donna