[stylist] Please read my blog- stuff about diabetes

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 23:43:09 UTC 2012

Donna,

Thanks for reading. I know they have seizure dogs, but I never thought
of looking into one. I think they are typically used by people with
epilepsy, but anyone with a seizure disorder, or who have the potential
to seizure for any reason, would benefit from such a service animal.

I was diagnosed at age four, and I'm now 30, so pretty much my entire
life has been "consumed" by diabetes. Many changes have happened in the
almost 27 years I've been diabetic including how to go about treatment.
Technology like insulin pumps, which I use, have helped many diabetics
as well; nonetheless, diabetics can face potential challenges and risks
even when keeping it well managed.

Thank God I remain pretty healthy despite years, as a teen and in my
early 20s, of not managing as well as I should have. And my blindness
actually wasn't caused by diabetes, which most assume, understandably,
ironic grin.

Type 2 is prevalent on my maternal side; mostly caused by obesity as
relatives grow older. The only known type 1s are on my paternal side,
and it's a third cousin and great-aunt who actually died at age nine,
one year before insulin was discovered as a treatment for diabetics.
Fortunately, I've always been a little underweight, and I'm pretty
active, liking to exercise, so at least I don't typically have to worry
about weight being as much of a contributing factor, at least for now,
grin. Though my higher metabolism and activity level can create its own
problems.

It's a blessing to share my experiences because it allows me to inform
and educate, not to mention flex my writing muscle, smile.

Thanks for the support and kind words.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: