[stylist] Phases of the Moon

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 20 20:03:08 UTC 2012

I want to share a poem I have been working on for a couple of days. I attached it as a word document for more clarity.

This poem?  It comsumes me - I get up late at night, turn my computer back on, so I can work some more. Move things around, change some words, inject meaning, take away what is "too much."

Writing a poem is like a construction worker. We gather up information, haul it away in a turck, and take it from one construction site to the next.  We build it; we tear it apart; we build again; and tear it down once more. And, on it goes. Each time we destroy or move things, it creates something that is new. We "construct" meaning through "deconstructing" it. It is hard work. I am still working on this one.

The Irish librarians were a big surprise to me this afternoon as I worked. And, this poem taught me so many new things about the phases of the moon and the meaning of a new tube of lipstick.  lol

I have absolutely NO idea when I begin, where we are going. I begin with a few words, ideas, and we go from there. It is an exciting journey. When I had started this one, I had no idea who would be "showing up" to participate in it. One by one, they come.

Lynda

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117