[stylist] Phases of the Moon

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 25 11:46:14 UTC 2012

Jackie,
I forgot to say, about dashes of MD, that my very close friend, Dr. Lynda
Szabo of Geneva College, has written extensively on the meaning that is held
IN the dashes. I heard her give a presentation on it - the dash is loaded
with meaning in EDs work.  Every mark in a poem holds meaning. It sets
rhythmn, separates or brings together ideas, fills in a space for what is
unspeakable or unknown, provides content, and more.

My view is this: as soon as one mark is placed on a blank sheet of paper,
there is NOW content. No mark is meaningless. One mark can convey a story.

Lynda