[stylist] what I've been reading

Cheryl Orgas & William Meeker meekerorgas at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 28 20:33:08 UTC 2012

All right, comes now "Riders of the Purple Wage," by Phillip Jose Farmer.
It's a humorous science fiction story, or maybe a novella, that takes place
in future Los Angeles.  It's a spoof with many literary allusions,
especially to the works of James Joyce.  I found it funny and intellectually
stimulating.  It's available on tape from NLS in a compilation of SF stories
whose editor is, I think, Orson Scott Card.

Bill Meeker