[stylist] Quick bit/Re: Changes writing prompt

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat Jan 14 02:43:39 UTC 2012

Chris,

Probably no edits in the future as it was just a
one-shot  exercise in writing for a bit when I
saw the prompt come through, but, I will look at
the areas you mentioned to muse on them and maybe
just diddle around if I get time to see how I
might re-work them. . I appreciate the feedback.
I'm sure there'd be a lot of paring down if
I  went back at it with an editor's cap on  now
after being away from it a day or so, which is
what I like to do normally :). But I very much
appreciate your points. So much is learned from reworking stuff.

Brad

On 1/13/2012  07:12 PM Chris Kuell said...
>Hey Brad,
>
>I really enjoyed this story. Yes, it's rough,
>but it's got a good voice to it, it's quirky and
>it kept my attention all the way. I don't know
>if you plan on editing it at all, but if you do,
>I found the paragraph about his getting his
>degree and working on the campus, etc... a bit
>clunky. If you kept it that he worked at the
>power plant it would be less ambigious. And you
>might try to think of alternate ways of saying
>that he felt like something was watching him.
>The spider bit was great, in fact, I feel one on my back right now. Grin.
>
>Excellent job, and you get 2 bonus points for speediness.
>
>chris

Brad Dunsé

"Birth
 learn
 intern
 earn
 lectern
 sojourn
 adjourn

Enjoy the ride, its shorter than you think." --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse