[stylist] 10 ways to increase your BLOG traffic

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Tue Jan 17 21:21:53 UTC 2012

Good stuff. I agree with all but one thing
though. Granted I'm not the blog expert, but from
what I've heard from an entrepreneurial side,
more than once a week or week and a half is too
much? I will say that I think much depends on the
type of people you are blogging for. Business
people or just busy people? They simpley do not
have time to read 5 blogs a week.  They will get
aggravated and write you off in a NY minute. And
who isn't busy these days? I find myself
deleteing some emails of frequent newsletters as
it is, and eventually unsubbing because I feel
I'm just out of the loop and why keep deleting.
Some folks though do have the time, and love to
spend it reading blogs of their fav web
personality, sort of a blog groupie or  "Inquirer
minds want to know" type?  If that is what he's
talking about here? Definitely, keep feeding that
machine. The average person? I think that more
than once a week is too much. I expect he's
figuring if you blog 5 times a week, that is 5
notices to a reader, so if he missses one or two,
he'll get a chance again later in the week.
Similar to a Tweet. They are only in the line of
sight for a very short while, so  frequent and
often posts have the best chance to be
seen/heard/read. I might do some self testing in
your blogging to see if you gain or lose folks
though rather than just assume you'll gain more by blogging more. .

Brad

On 1/17/2012  08:57 AM Robert Leslie Newman said...