[stylist] king peeley and the integra tea: writing suggestion

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 15:29:59 UTC 2012

Vejas

Do you recall some earlier posts by Chris and Bridgit (and a few other
folks), in which they advised that to make a story be more alive, the author
has to make the characters show us, tell us by their actions? Versus the
author spending time telling us what the characters are doing and why. You
have a good story-line here, but dude --- you get in the way of your people
coming alive and showing us who they are and what they can do! Like WOW, you
get on to this little tweak, and you'll get people knocking down your door
to get the next installment.

(Ask Chris and/or Bridgit direct for a copy of what they wrote on the list.)