[stylist] Writing sample, untitled book or novella

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:17:07 UTC 2012

Amber,

I agree with you, but it's Michelle's story and not mine, grin.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:20:00 -0500
From: "Herrin, Amber R." <herrinar at muohio.edu>
Subject: Re: [stylist] Writing sample, untitled book or novella

Hello Michelle and Bridgit,

I was not on the list when this was originally posted, but seeing your
(Bridgit) intriguing response (being a fantasy reader and writer
myself), I scrolled down and read it.

I have to say that this reads very well.  Your shift from one setting to
another is fairly smooth, and your description of characters is very
good.

I would have to agree with Michelle, though, in that it seems you
describe more than you act, and while it is nice in some situations,
when it is the majority choice, it becomes hard to immerse yourself in
the story.

I don't say anything negative to put the work down--far from it.  I only
mean to back Bridgit in her constructive criticism to help you develop
yourself as a writer.

I'd love to see more of this.

Amber R. Herrin