[stylist] Writing sample cont. POV

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:47:38 UTC 2012

I usually recommend writers try writing pieces in different POV's just
to really find the best way in which to tell a story, but I think
Michelle's story works well in first person. I just agree with Lori that
she needs to be mindful of over-using I. I also find myself editing I
out a lot when writing in first person, and it's just something anyone
needs to be aware of. Based on the dynamic of Michelle's story and the
sarcastic tone of the main character, I find first person to work in her
favor. I'm not sure a third person unlimited would give the reader the
exact same tone, pacing and over-all feel.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan