[stylist] what are you currently reading?

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:24:55 UTC 2012

Hi,
I wanted to know what you guys are reading right now and what you
think of your books.  Right now I am reading a book called All
That Matters by Wayson Choy.  It is about a Chinese family living
in the Chinatown part of British Columbia.  I feel as if the
quality of the writing is all right, but I find the family very
interesting.  For example, all of the children call their
father's second wife "Stepmother", even though 2 of them are
biologically hers.  I'm mainly reading it for what happens to the
characters as opposed to the plot.
Have any of you read it?
Vejas