[stylist] what are you currently reading?

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Jul 16 00:34:23 UTC 2012

I just read _Running with Scissors_ and am now reading _Simple Abundance_.
Very different books - I think Running with Scissors is overall a very good
book - one has to look at the entire work. At times it seemed like a dark
farce or dark comedy to me. It is strange, has strange characters, but
overall I think it is a very good book. It certainly held my interest from
beginning to end and I have discussed with a number of people after reading
it.   Simple Abundance is a book that should be read over the course of an
entire year. There are things to think about daily, and I have been enjoying
it very much. It is about art, gardening, improving our homes,
relationships, etc. It has some inspiring moments in it, for me, and has
given me many little things to consider. As I said, the two books are a
world apart - but that's a good thing!  I have been too busy over the summer
to do much reading - trips and art projects occupy my time.
Lynda