[stylist] Playwrights

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:50:32 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm not much of a playwright although in fifth grade one of our
projects was to write screen-plays.
My screen-play title was a play on words, it was called Pearl and
the Daily Disaster because not only was she having problems with
her parents' divorce, but she was also having problems with her
friend Whitney Daily-get it? I also started writing 2 more
screen-plays about Pearl.
Plays are fine, I just don't like that description can be
limited.
I learned to use "interior" or "exterior" to begin my scenes.
One other thing that really stuck with me is that when you
describe what someone is doing, you have to use a separate
sentence.  Many of the ammateur fellow screenplay writers would
start by saying something like this:
Pearl (grabbing the cereal box): Mom, we're out of Lucky Charms.
I learned that instead you have to use separate sentences:
Pearl grabs the cereal box.
Pearl: Mom, we're out of lucky charms.
It's honestly not my ideal form of writing, but it's fine.
Vejas