[stylist] Sharinhg one of the Conversations from the Teacher series

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 11:27:28 UTC 2012

I have decided to use two sections when compiling the  Teacher series,
Lessons and Conversation.  This is an example of what might  be found in the
Conversations section, inspired by my granddaughter.  It is  also attached.  I
am slowly catching up to email as it has been an  unexpectedly hectic few
days here but I am now reading all Stylist mail,  finally.

Innocence and Butterflies

He watches the child from a safe distance, not wishing to disturb or
intrude upon the moment. A butterfly has captured her attention, mesmerizing
her, making her oblivious to all but the flutter of wing, the dance of color
across a flawless sky.

He sketches to memory the innocence, the wistful joy, and intrigued
imagination etched on the child's face, sparkling within her eyes. If only
innocence could last forever, he muses.

'Sir, why did the Creator make butterflies?' the girl's softly asked
question breaks the silence.

The man thinks for a moment, watching the winged beauty, before he speaks.
'The butterfly is like a flying gardener, little one, for it helps to bring
us  flowers and fruit. If we watch them carefully they can tell us how
healthy  nature is. And I think they remind us that what may seem fragile and
easily  broken often has an inner strength we sometimes overlook.'

As if on cue the butterfly flits away onto a new journey and the girl's
eyes shadow slightly but then she smiles. 'I suppose you're right but I think
it's more than that.'

'And just what do you think it might be?' he asks.

'I think the Creator just wants us to see that even an ugly old caterpillar
 can fool you!' The girl grins and skips away in search of another
adventure.

The man is left in stunned silence and swears he hears the Creator chuckle,
 'Indeed!'