[stylist] Sharinhg one of the Conversations from the Teacher series

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 1 12:57:38 UTC 2012

This is an inspired writing, Myrna. There is so much more to a butterfly
than just the beauty of them flying about on a spring day in a field os
bright flowers.

Here is why I really responded to your attached work.

The image of the butterfly here brought back a memory for me. It was 4 1/2
years ago, and I had just lost most of my sight. I had not yet had any help,
and did not yet know there was such a thing as any kind of technologies that
would help me, nor did I yet know of rehabilitation for the blind. I had no
white cane, and no way of doing just about anything I had done just a couple
months before.

It was at this very time that my second daughter, Heidi, was diagnosed with
ovarian cancer. Now, I stood at her bedside in the IC unit in a Pittsburgh,
PA hospital. Her surgery to remove the tumor that had spread to a stage 3C
cancer was completed a few days before. But nothing had gone well, and
within a couple of days she was near death. They had put her in an induced
coma to try to give her sick lungs the opportunity to begin to heal.
Day after day, it was one step down after another.

Even though I could not see very much, I was staying at the hospital day and
night. I could find my way from the waiting room, to the bathroom, and to my
daughter's room. I slept for short periods during the night, sitting in a
chair in the waiting room of the IC unit. Then, I would walk back to her
room, to sit by her bedside.

She was kept in a coma for over 2 weeks. Nurses and doctors were at her side
or directly outside her room working on the moniters and computers
continuously, monitoring her, searching for the right mix of drugs to help
her. We waited there in limbo as the days went by. There was nothing we
could do but pray and wait. Family members came and went, all helpless.

One afternoon I sat in the chair at the bottom of her bed with my eyes
focused on her laying there with tubes and apparatus all over her body. The
hospital staff had named Heidi, The Sleeping Princess. On this afternoon,
the Sleeping Princess had two unexpected visitors. They did not come in
through the door.

As I watched Heidi, two enormous butterflies were there. They emerged from
the base of her feet and they fluttered back and forth, playing with each
other as butterflies do when you see them in a field. The two butterflies
were a deep red crimson and they were the size of my hand. They were bright
and very large. As I watched them, it was the most normal scene I could ever
have seen. Heidi's body was the field over which they were zig-zagging back
and forth over as they moved towards her head. It seemd like I watched them
for quite awhile, but I believe it was probably only seconds. It was like an
eternal moment, when time did not exist, and I had been a witness to
timelessness.

The butterflies made themselves visable to me. They gave me new hope for my
daughter. I knew they were the Holy Spirit, made visable.  I recognized that
the Holy Spirit had come to visit the Sleeping Princess that afternoon and
that this would be the afternoon when Heidi would begin to recover. I was
assured at that moment when I saw this vision that my daughter would heal
and that she had experienced a miracle.

Today, Heidi remains free of ovarian cancer, even though the tests done in
surgery had shown that the cancer cells were throughout her entire body. She
undergoes tests and scans all the time in Pittsburgh. She has an entourage
of doctors who are keeping a close watch on her. She has side effects from
her surgery and her long recovery time. Her body remembers the trauma, and
her body is still responding to it. Our bodies carry memories, and those
memories in the entire body continue to have a response to the trauma it
went through.

Heidi is an artist who has a studio on a mountain top, in the woods of
Pennsylvania. She actively works at her art, and is in exhibitions including
an internationl invitation one that her work is in right now.

Shortly after she recoverd,  she organized The Sleeping Princess Team with
her friends. The team raises money for the Ovarian Cancer Coalition of
Pittsburgh. This is the fifth year that the team and Heidi's family will
walk with her at the Walk to Break the Silence in the fall.  Our little team
has been able to raise over $20,000. in funds to contribute to the cause.

Yes, butterflies are harbingers of renewal and transformation, and healing.
They are a reflection of the Creator and come to bring us joy and healing.

Lynda River Woman