[stylist] Memoirs and autobiographies

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Mar 3 23:07:29 UTC 2012

I guess it sounds immoral to say that it is a lie? Not at all. Lies are
delightful, and that is why we write; and why we love literature.

The memoir is greatly enhanced accounts of a  truth  - it is a glorius lie
that we tell when writing our story. Our glorious lie is the story we have
woven together from the fragments of our memory, imagination, and our
research into details that we do not remember at all. The true facts mingle
with these other aspects to for the woven tapestry of the story we are
telling.
Otherwise, we would just be a newspaper writer and give the "facts, m'aam,
just the facts."

Lynda